[Steppes] Bowyers and Fletchers Guild Meeting

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 24 07:14:50 PDT 2008

Greetings,  Just wanted to add a couple of items that might be of interest to some of you for this meeting:

First, I plan to start a couple of simple "lumber yard bows".  We're doing this as a teaching exercise over several months to show the step by step process of making a bow for novice bow makers.  We're going to begin with "how to pick the correct wood billet for your bow" and "rough trimming your billet to pattern".  I'll be bringing these "bows in the making" to future Steppes archery practices for follow up instruction and to show each step of the process as we turn boards into bows.  So if you ever had any interest in learning to make your own bow, now's your chance.

Second, As many of you combat archers may already know there has been a mandatory change in our most commonly used combat missiles.  I plan to discuss and demonstrate you how to make the proper upgrade to your combat missiles to keep you on the battlefield.

As always we'll be ready to answer any archery equipment questions we might for you, as well as be ready to demonstrate how to fletch your arrows or make a new bow string.  After all that's what our archery guild is all about, teaching you how to do it yourself.  Hope to see you there!

Regards.

HL William Black Dragon called "Ironwyrm"