[Steppes] Bowyers and Fletchers Guild Meeting

jack spinks jlspinks at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 18 19:06:02 PDT 2008

Greetings to the archers of the Steppes!

  It has been long ere we have had a meeting of the Steppes Bowyers and Fletchers Guild, and since many of the official types will be far to the north on Saturday, there will be a meeting at my home in Midlothian this Sunday, August 24 from about Noon until 6.  A grill will be available if ye wish to heat a lunch or dinner in the afternoon not to mention such fine dining establishments as Dairy Queen and Arby's.  There is an excellent pizza place a few blocks away if you prefer and I can highly recommend it.

  This meeting will be a work meeting for any who wish to learn to make or improve their equipment or skills.  We will have a work area for fletching of target arrows, construction of or modification of combat bolts to the new standards, making of strings, and possibly some discussion/activity on the construction of Home Depot board bows.

  If you have equipment, or projects that you wish to work on or show then please bring them with you or just come for the tales and learning to be shared.  We have good shade to work under and room to spread out.

  Driving instructions
  Address is 209 Overlook Dr in Midlothian, Phone is 214-335-9452
  Take your best route to Jct of Hwy 287 and Hwy 67.  Get on Northbound 67 service road at 287 for one block and turn right on F street (between Pizza Inn and Best Western).  Go up hill through two stop signs (Walmart will be on your left) to the top of the hill.  Turn left onto Overlook and I am 3rd house on left with the gravel driveway.

  Garb is optional but encouraged.

  HL Jaque the Spink