[Steppes] Attendance and Knight Marshal

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Sun Feb 17 08:23:41 PST 2008

Heilsa,

The issue that has been raised is attendance.

A bit of history - for the most part I have attended the heavy fighter
practices since June 1999,  the number of Sundays missed can be counted
on both hands with a couple of fingers to spare. This was when a group
of heavy fighters convinced me that I should come out. And I did. I was
trained by heavy fighters, my mentors are heavy fighters, and my leaders
are heavy fighters - those who do not know me, I am a combat archer -
not target, just combat archery only.

I have watched over the years a number of Knight Marshals come and go -
some have been at the very top of what a Knight Marshal should be, while
others were at the opposite end, including one that only showed once
every six weeks and actually left the loaner armor with a non-Baronial
officer a number of years ago.

So, based upon some excellent examples of previous Knight Marshals
without no/too little positive results. I work almost 40 hours a week
and 4 afternoons/evenings a week (Monday through Thursday) I am on a
college campus taking 9 credit hours with labs for each class this
semester alone. I get home around 9:30PM on those nights. And the coming
summer and right into the Fall semesters look just as busy.

So, Friday nights and Saturdays are my only free time and majority of
that time is spent trying to keep up with the course load and preparing
for the coming week. I relax on Sundays by holding a fighter practice in
the afternoons, which start at 11 AM for me, which is when I start

I have a extremely bust schedule to say the least and I am sure that
there may be others who may have a similar type of schedule as well. The
one day that I am readily available is Sunday afternoons, the location
is widely known and can be found on the Steppes web site, which includes
a map, so now everyone knows my schedule and the best location and time
to actually have a face to face meeting.

YIS,
Lord Michael Kettering
Steppes Knight Marshal