[Steppes] Why I'm So Excited About the Homeschool Demo! - Response from the Steppes Baronial Knight Marshal

Honour DuBois honourdubois at verizon.net
Sun Feb 3 20:51:32 PST 2008

Why does it offend so many people on this list to point out the
simple fact that in order to get the maxium number of fighters to a
demo you should check, with the fighters you want to come, when a
good date for a demo would be?  It must be pointed out, that heavy
fighter participation was requested, by the group wanting this demo,
but heavy fighter availability was not checked before the demo date
was picked.

Thus the whole reason why this topic was even discussed on this list.
Not because other groups were believed not to be of equal value of
the heavy fighting community, but due to a conflict of the demo's
disire to have "as many fighters as possible" and the unavailability
of the heavy fighters due to a demo date being set without discussion
with them.

In simple and "clear" terms...no matter what group you want to have
at any particular demo, that group should be asked for available
dates before a demo is schedule to assure maxium participation.

This includes your "bards, artisans, fencers, archers and just the
happy and hard workers of Steppes", not just heavy fighters.

Yes, it means taking some more effort then already gratefully put
forth, but what demo is not worth this extra effort?

In Service,
HL Honour du Bois