[Steppes] Fabric shops

TinyGypsyLady tinygypsylady at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 08:32:31 PST 2008

Just a couple of comments...

  Carl's Sew is CompuSew right now.  Carol is the owner now and she is from New York. If you go in the right attitude, she is wonderful. But, yes, as a misplaced Yankee I can say she can be a bit... abrupt.

  She makes great deals as well.  I bought my first machine from her years ago and she was willing to take it as a tradein for the value and use it toward my new machine.

  Next, the stores at the end of Perth have changed.  The two that used to sell material for $1 are gone.  The one at the far end has merged with the one that sells mostly "gown" materials.  She still has some $1.50 stuff but linen is $2.50 and more.  And the stock has been limited.

  I was just there last weekend... sigh.

  Next, Joann's in Plano is great however the one on Preston and Forest has a bigger selection of everything including the sale materials.  The Joann's in Frisco rivals the size of the Preston/Forest one but they tend to carry a few different things.  Example, the one in Frisco carries MORE fleece in different colors/patterns than Preston/Forest.

  Last, if you have a tax id number, Rock Barrell will give you a discount on materials and stones.  Not equipment but... to date, they have the best pricing on wire and headpins, etc. locally.  Splendor in Glass is great but pricey.  The Bead place in Richardson *Campbell & Coit* is just as pricy but carries more crystals.  Splendor in Glass is in Dallas and carries more facets stones.

  Hope this helps!

Viviana