[Steppes] "Dating Advice from Medievalists"

Quill gray.quill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 23:37:51 PDT 2008

Well this is interesting! I've just been tracked down on Facebook by a
writer for this Nerve.com asking me to answer some questions as a
"medievalist" for this series they've got going. Here's a few samples of
what they've done

http://www.nerve.com/regulars/sexadvicefrom/catpeople/ (Anna Davies, this is
the person interviewing me.)
http://www.nerve.com/regulars/sexadvicefrom/knifethrowers/ (Okay, freaky, I
know two of the people who answered these...)

Anyway, it sounds like fun and I've already started to answer, so I'll post
a link if she publishes me on this page. I was just wondering, though, if it
would be bad to have her post links to the SCA or Ansteorra with my answers;
on the one hand, it might be good free publicity, on the other I am by no
means an official representative, those certainly aren't my "personal" pages
by a long shot, SCA isn't the only "medievalist" group, etc etc ad nauseum.
Any advice?

Oh, and how would you answer question #12: "What's a good quote from
medieval literature to use in flirtation?" ;)

--
In service to The Dream and Dreamers all,
Cuillioc /|\ "Quill"

"It is said that the Devil never crossed the Tamar into Cornwall on account
of the well-known habit of Cornish women of putting everything into a pasty,
and that he was not sufficiently courageous to risk such a fate!"

-From the cookbook _Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern_