[Steppes] Apologize to our Knight Marshal

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu Mar 6 18:23:10 PST 2008

No problem on my part about this mix up. So do not worry about it.

Position of Deputy Knight Marshal - yes it is open.

Some things for anyone who is thinking about applying and in no order -

The individual who becomes the deputy Knight Marshal - will be a
warranted officer of the Barony, with a good chance of being the next
Knight Marshal. No promises on this!

If practice is being held on Sunday afternoon at 2 PM, then you are
expected to attend. Really do not care if you have gone to an event on
Saturday, you will need to be at the Sunday afternoon practice by 2 PM.

Before anyone decides to go off the deep end - be FULLY AWARE OF THE
FOLLOWING:
The previous 2 Knight Marshals - Sir Morgan and Centurion Hrafn would
attend events on Saturday, fought in them, pack up either Saturday night
or Sunday morning to be back in town to hold Sunday afternoon fighter
practice by 2 PM. This included Autumn Melees!

(Note - with neighboring kingdom wishing to have more War/Melee with
Ansteorra at Autumn Melees in November - looking to make that weekend
one of the very few weekends in which there will be no fighter practice
held on Sunday afternoon of that weekend. Why - majority of the fighters
has expressed the desire to attend this.)

Assist as one of the Marshals for Steppes Warlord, if the individual is
an authorized heavy marshal - this is one thing that I will be insisting on.

The deputy Knight Marshal will need to get know all the active heavy
fighters (those who regularly attend the practice) and more importantly
the active heavy fighters need to know the deputy KM. This includes how
well the interaction between both sides, which I will take that into
account as well.

There will be people who will be attending Sunday afternoon practice,
regardless of the weather. Rain or Shine. Hot or Cold. People will be
attending, also whether the KM and/or deputy is present or not.

We also hold a July 4th, fighter practice and have been for the last 5
years.
Fighter practice has also been held on -
Thanksgiving weekend.- this has become standard
Christmas Eve
New Year's Eve
New Year Day
Easter - standard
And I will continue to hold fighter practice on the above dates through
the rest of my duration in office.

There are two exceptions:
- extremely low temperatures (wind chills in 20's or lower) and/or with
snow and ice on the roads and the ground. If the temperature is in the
upper 30's or lower 40's with a bit of fine Scottish weather, then
practice has been held and will continue to be held.

- if there is an event that the majority of the active heavy fighters
(those who regularly attend the practice) wish to attend an event for
that weekend. Which usually mean about 6 weeks advance notice.

I will not ask anyone to be my deputy - either that person has the
backbone to attend the practice and ask me face to face or they do not.
And be aware that I will ask some questions regarding this job and they
will be based upon almost 9 years of attending the local fighter
practice and seeing all the various concerns and issues that has come
about over that time.

Ok, there it is - this office of being the deputy KM is a committed
position and will give the individual a good idea of what they can
expect as the KM when I step down in January 1st, 2009.

Sunday afternoon fighter practice will be held again on March 23rd, 2008
at 2 PM, which is after Gulf Wars. Anyone wanting to apply can come out
there at that time. Will not accept emails not phone calls on this matter.

YIS,
Ld Michael Kettering
Steppes KM