[Steppes] Shakespeare -- A Physicist?

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 22:27:55 PDT 2008

Shakespeare -- A Physicist?

Dr. Lewis M. Zimmerman of the University of Chicago believes so.  In a
recent paper published to Arxiv Physics (http://arxiv.org/), he explains his
theory that Shakespeare's 154 sonnets were used to encode data from his
experiments concerning synthetic compounds, which explains why the sonnets,
from poetic and aesthetic points of view, are so awful.

For the last 4 years, Dr. Zimmerman has been attempting to recreate
Shakespeare's results; through the composition of polymers using "ionic
pentameter".

In a recent interview, Zimmerman stated that he is also looking into
Shakespeare's other works.  Zimmerman is working on a hypothesis that "Romeo
and Juliet" was intended as a metaphor to explain "Color Confinement"; the
principle that quarks cannot be found isolated in nature; that they are
always drawn to one another by the strong nuclear force.

Zimmerman is also considering the possibility that "The Taming of the Shrew"
was intended as a mnemonic to help students remember the order in which
electron shells in an atom are populated, and really had nothing to do with
beating small rodents.

Zimmerman states, "It is so amazing, how profound an impact these stories
have had on society, when in fact they were simply a secret code.  When
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) wrote 'Alice's Adventures in
Wonderland' based on they Shakespeare's play 'Two Gentlemen of Verona', he
had no idea that he was plagiarizing a treatise on beta-decay."

Will Meriic

Since I can't get to sleep, I am sharing my pain with you, whether you want
it or not!