[Steppes] A request from the moderators

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Oct 23 11:09:35 PDT 2008

Sir Morgan Buchanan <morganbuchanan at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  I was reminded of something...  One thing we've seen a lot of is the sending
>  of emails to "steppes, elfsea, glaslyn, lindenwood, tor...."

The Central list has to be specifically subscribed to I believe.  it is not like the Ansteorran-Announce list in that you automatically get added when you subscribe to a list.

While I do understand Robin's concern about the multiple emails, unfortunately I do not see a way around it necessarily.  There are times when there is information relevant to say both Steppes and Elfsea that it makes sense that both lists have that information posted to.  Not everyone subscribes to both lists so to just send it to only one of the two lists would mean that some would not get the pertinent information.

I believe the previous concerns expressed about cross posting were directed to those that were cross posting to many lists and including the Steppes list when the information being posted had nothing really to do with the Steppes.  Not cross posting relevant information.

Caveat:  Please note that this is a statement of my beliefs and I am making no judgments as an admin on any recent posts, etc. :-)

Alasdair