[Steppes] newbie considering throwing in the towel

Alianorra MacAiodh alianorramacaiodh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 07:59:08 PDT 2008

Lauren,

As one who was once a newbie not so long ago I can well understand your frustration. When I first started I was just that girl the one who brought me into the game was dating. I then attended an event that is still very close to my heart. At this event, Bordermarch Autumn Melee's 2006, I met some of the people I am closest to still to this day. I also experienced what we refer to as "the dream" for the first time. I was walking over the crest of the hill to see Borderkeep for the first time and there in front of me with the morning fog rising was the garden, bridge, and stone castle with pennants flying. I then understood exactly what this game was about for many of us that play. I also started putting myself forward, as Baroness Chiara suggested to you, so that I could help in the game and meet more people. And although I do not carry a title, nor do I have awards, I still know that in any situation I can walk in and be accepted because we are all here
 for the same reason. To enjoy just a small bit of the middle ages as it once was or could have been. I also have met more and more people along the way and no longer worry that Im that girl so and so dated, I am now Alianorra MacAiodh, Alia to my friends, servant to my Kingdom, Region, and Barony.

Lauren, welcome to the SCA and if you are ever in need of someone to be around, you are always welcome in the Steppes. For we are a family after all.

In Service to the Dream,

Alianorra MacAiodh