[Steppes] Welcome to a new Oak and New Oak Scroll!

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 09:54:14 PDT 2009

Good morning everyone

Last weekend during court at Artisan, Countess Elisabeth Seale became the newest Companion to the Order of the Oak!  Welcome Elisabeth! Not only was she given the traditional insignia but she was also the first recipient of the Oak Scroll.

This new scroll was design by Lady Annwn, the calligraphy by Master Duncan and with scroll text provided by Mistress Serena. All of the Oaks added during my time as baroness will receive their scrolls very soon, since all of them were painted recently by Mistress Genevieve or Lady Annwn. They are all lovely!  It is my wish that all Oaks have an opportunity to have a scroll.

Over the past few months I have been speaking to a few artists and several past landeds of the Steppes.  The Steppes Scribal Guild led by Mistress Genevieve will be working with a few illuminators as well as with the Baron and Baronesses to design charters for their reign as landed. Each pair, or individual if he/she served alone, will get their own charter reflecting something that they would have produced in their time or showing a bit of their personas.  All charters once designed will be copied and then individually painted.

If you are a member of the Order would like a Oak scroll, please email me at the above email address.  Please understand that we are working backwards beginning with Oaks made recently, then Their Grace Mahdi and Val's Oaks, etc.  When you email me, please verify the landed who added you to the Order.

There will be a few painting parties after the charters have been printed. Mistress Genevieve will keep you posted on when and where they will be.

I am pleased and honored that so many are happy to help on this huge undertaking.

With great affection for you all, I remain

Katheryn
Baroness of the Steppes