[Steppes] Fiber Arts

Lisa A. May maaggie1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 10:15:09 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who has a friend who wants to make rope "from
scratch," starting with the flax bast, threshing, retting dressing,
spinning, etc.  He's an experienced rope maker, but has always started
with the fiber already ready to braid (or whatever you do with it to
make rope).  Is there anyone here in the Steppes who knows the process
and would be willing to teach?  Or who is a fiber arts junkie and
would be happy to figure it out along side him?  If so, please let me
know, and I'll hook the two (or three or however many) of you up.
Thanks!

Maggie

Countess Margaret ny Connor
Barony of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra

And do as adversaries do in law; strive mightily, then eat and drink
as friends (Wm. Shakespeare)