[Steppes] King Ludwig of Bavaria

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 23:08:50 PST 2009

That's TERRIBLE, William!

Having lived in Germany myself, and visited some of Ludwig's interesting
places to live, the concensus is that he truly was a paranoid schizophrenic. He
couldn't bear to eat in front of others -- which is why his Hunting Palace,
Linderhof, not far from Neuschwanstein Castle (the famous one on top of the
mountain that was inspiration to Walt Disney), contained one of the first hydralic
lifts for his dining table. He also bought the entire tea house exhibit from
India from the Paris Exposition, and had it rebuilt at the Hunting Palace.

Interesting man...

Here's a real link to a pretty decent website about him and his castles:
_http://www.german-way.com/ludwig.html_ (http://www.german-way.com/ludwig.html)

HL Saqra.

Someday, if anyone is ever interested and has access to an old-fashioned
slide projector and screen, I might be willing to dig through my dad's slides
(most of which I have) for pictures. We visited Linderhof at least four times,
once during every season. It was one of our favorite places to visit and only a
few hours away from Stuttgart, where we lived.