[Steppes] heraldry question

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 08:40:28 PST 2009

Thank you for these interesting bits of information.  As someone who is currently looking for a good device but who is terribly intimidated by all the possibilities coupled by the "strange" language, I was intrigued.  Please, tell us some more?  This might be very helpful for those who are new, also, to help them figure out what they might like to have as their device.  I know I *could* research it on my own or take a class, but I learn better from tidbits that cross in conversation as the immense scope doesn't boggle my mind as much this way.  Perhaps someone could occasionally throw out onto the list a "quickie" blazoning lesson?

Thanks again for the tidbits :D    Rua> From: rudin at ev1.net> To: Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:20:48 -0600> Subject: Re: [Steppes] heraldry question> > Katya asked:> > > For the heralds in our world:> >> > Ermine is white with black spots, what is black with white spots called?> > In real-world heraldry, black with white ermine spots is ermines or > counter-ermine, but the SCA calls it counter-ermine.> > Gold with black ermine spots is erminois, black with gold ermine spots is > pean.> > Any other combination is treated like a field treatment, rather than a fur. > Serena has a white field with blue ermine spots, and it's blazoned "Argent, > ermined azure".> > Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin > > _______________________________________________> Steppes mailing list> Steppes at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/steppes-ansteorra.org