[Steppes] heraldry question

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu Feb 12 10:13:11 PST 2009

Miss M Brow wrote:

> Thank you for these interesting bits of information.  As someone who
> is currently looking for a good device but who is terribly intimidated
> by all the possibilities coupled by the "strange" language, I was
> intrigued.  Please, tell us some more?  This might be very helpful for
> those who are new, also, to help them figure out what they might like
> to have as their device.  I know I *could* research it on my own or
> take a class, but I learn better from tidbits that cross in conversation
> as the immense scope doesn't boggle my mind as much this way.
> Perhaps someone could occasionally throw out onto the list a
> "quickie" blazoning lesson?

I'll answer any questions that come up, but I won't remember to throw out
tidbits on my own.  Random tidbits tend to be useless anyway, since there
was nobody asking about them.

A "quickie" blazoning lesson is hard to make work over the net, but very
easy in person.  If I held a workshop next month to help people design a
device, how many people would be interested?  And would people prefer to
hold it before Gulf Wars to get in the way of preparations, or after Gulf
War to interfere with the massive cleanup?

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin