[Steppes] lost lyrics

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 08:11:49 PDT 2009

Maggie,

I had forgotten that there were the other verses...I don't think I've heard them in years. All the verses are when you are singing it as a regular song. In the SCA, at least, just the two verses are used when singing as a round song, one group singing the first verse, the second starting the second verse when the first group starts the third line of their verse:

Hey, ho, nobody's home
Meat nor drink nor money have I none
Still I will be very merry
Hey, ho, nobody's home.

Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose
Will I ever see thee red?
I will marry at thy will, sire,
At thy will.

Not a bard, but I've been hearing/singing this for most of the 30 years I've been in the SCA!

HL Saqra