[Steppes] College of Arms Acceptances

bryan bryan at bmhanson.net
Mon Nov 30 05:12:28 PST 2009

Greetings all.  I thought I would pass on the latest published acceptances and returns (September 09 LoAR) from the College of Arms that are of local interest.

Acceptances

Eleanora Nicolaa de Lavingtone. Name.

Elizabeth Seale. Device. Per fess dovetailed azure and gules, two wolf’s heads erased and a lion couchant argent.

Please instruct the submitter on the proper way to draw erasing: between three and eight prominent, pointed jags on the
erasing, as described on the Cover Letter to the November 2001 LoAR:
Therefore, for purposes of recreating period armorial style for erasing, the erasing should (1) have between three and
eight jags; (2) have jags that are approximately one-sixth to one-third the total height of the charge being erased; and
(3) have jags that are not straight but rather are wavy or curved.

Katheryn Cunningghame. Badge. (Fieldless) On a shakefork gules seven quatrefoils argent.

And for our friends over in Elfsea we have:

Acceptances

Amalia Zavattini. Device. Or, a domestic cat passant guardant to sinister and on a chief nebuly azure three round buckles Or.
Please instruct the submitter to draw the chief slightly narrower.

Cheers,
Alasdair