[Steppes] Requirements to Run a Demo

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Mon Oct 19 07:32:57 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Between here and Elfsea, we have several demos getting ready to run.  As
such, I would like to submit this information as a reminder to anyone
interested in hosting a demo of their own.

Demos are much easier to run than events, but there still is a little red
tape that must be cut through.

The _most_ important thing you must do is contact the Baronial Hospitaler,
Baronial Seneschal, and the Baronial Baroness and tell them what you are
planning.  A demo cannot be considered sponsored by the SCA without approval
from the Seneschal.  Furthermore, this step will give us an opportunity to
provide you with instructions on and assistance with the remaining red tape.

During the demo, it is mandatory that all fighters without waivers on file
(blue cards), sign waivers, which we can provide you when you contact us
(above).  These waivers need to be given to the Seneschal by the end of the
month.  You can give them to the Hospitaler as well.

All official handouts must be kingdom approved.  The good news is that we
have a bunch of pre-made handouts on the kingdom site:

http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org//index.php?option=com_content
<http://hospitaler.ansteorra.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1
3&Itemid=28> &task=view&id=13&Itemid=28

Finally, after your demo, submit a short report to the Hospitaler.  Include
the basics like where, when, how long, how many came to play, how many were
interested.  You are also welcome to pass on the contact information that
you collected from interested parties.  He will be happy to follow up on
your behalf.

That's it.  As you can see, it is quite easy.  So, if you are interested in
running a demo, contact me and we will help you get started.

Will Meriic