[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice for Sunday Aug. 15 is canceled due to heat!

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 14 19:03:40 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

The heat is still with us, they are predicting 104 with a heat index
of 109 again this Sunday.  At best we only have maybe two to zero
archers that will still brave the heat to practice when its this hot, so
we're going to cancel our Steppes archery for this Sunday.

Please remember there's a lot for our AMIC and assisting marshals
to do readying the range prior to archery practice and removing the
equipment afterward.  If fewer than enough show to do a royal round
they set up for nothing.  It's not much fun sitting out on the range by
yourself, even less in the heat, so we'll give them another break as
well.

The weather oracles claim the heat will break in mid-week and we
should be cooler the following Sunday.  Let's hope
 they are correct
and we can get back to business as usual then!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon
Interim Archery Marshal for the Barony of the Steppes

PS: Just a reminder, the Archery Marshal's office is still open for
bids and we are willing to offer "on the job" training!  If interested
please contact our Baron, Baroness, Seneschal or myself for
details.