[Steppes] 12th Night garb for newcomers

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:57:27 PST 2010

Ladies,

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I'm definitely planning to be at the
Clothiers Guild meeting on Tuesday.  If I can get a good idea about how much
fabric we'll need and where to go to get it relatively inexpensively, I can
maybe have that by Tuesday.  I hate to cannibalize from another project, but
I suppose I already have some fabric that would work.  I have a bunch of
white linen and a fair amount of green linen, though it's fairly heavy stuff
that I bought online for use in fighting garments.  If I used it for this
project, I'd just need to replace it when the time comes (soon, I hope) when
I learn enough to start in on the fighting kit.

I imagine I'll be machine stitching this if that's easier.  I may challenge
myself with the shoe pattern I mentioned in another thread.  Time to get
started, eh?!

So, any way to estimate how much fabric is needed for each of these outfits?

Thanks again.

--Antoine