[Steppes] Mistress Branwyn O'Brallaghan, R.I.P.

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Fri Feb 26 09:52:03 PST 2010

Mistress Branwyn O'Brallaghan was the primary person who decorated Steppes events for much of the eighties and nineties.  Her wall-hangings, banners, ribbons, and other embellishments took Warlord out of a Texas baseball field and transplanted it into the Middle Ages.

This Steppes Warlord, I will consider every decoration, every banner, every period pavilion, every wall-hanging, every painted list pole, every ice chest painted or disguised, every pole decorated with brightly colored ribbons -- every attempt to make the event more beautiful, more rich, more authentic -- to be a tribute to Branwyn's legacy to the Steppes.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin