[Steppes] Steppes Sunday Fighter Practice

Seneschal of the Steppes seneschal at steppes.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 3 11:32:33 PST 2010

Thank you for all of your comments to my post, both public and private. I
want to reiterate that there is no change to the current schedule of
official practices in the Steppes. There is no plan at this time to move any
practice or add any practice. I will be reviewing this issue with the
current Knight Marshal and his deputy, Baroness Katheryn, and the new Baron
and/or Baroness, once they are announced at Kingdom A&S next Saturday
(2/13).

>From the Kingdom Marshal's site FAQ:
============
Q: What things must be done or be present to have an official fighter
practice?
A:To make a practice an official group practice, all you need is

   1. a warranted marshal
   2. an officer of the group.
   3. publication of the practice in the newsletter.

Now, for example, if the Elfsea Knight Marshal shows up, and he
waswarrantedon the last roster (signed at Kings Round Table), then he
could fulfill both
#1 and #2.

An official deputy could fill the #2 role.  If that deputy was also
warranted for other reasons (e.g. by being an authorizing marshal) they
could also fulfill the #1 role.

To this end we will be looking at adding deputies to ensure we have the
personnel to cover the Sunday practice when folks are out of town, ill, or
cannot make it due to mundane reasons. Steppes is a huge area and it would
be nice to have practices close to everyone, however, at this time, the
practices remain unchanged. I ask for your patience as we work on moving
forward. I will be at practice this coming Sunday to gather comments and
feedback.

In service,
Susanna, Steppes Seneschal