[Steppes] Steppes Sunday Fighter Practice

troop0341 at aol.com troop0341 at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 19:49:57 PST 2010

Greetings to All,
As those from Glaslyn will attest, I travel quite a bit for my job and Wihtric's observation is how some groups in other kingdoms
handle this issue... a monthly or even quarterly regional practice to bring together the many smaller practices held... In these
times of reduced incomes, this could help those that are too far from their "local" practices to train and socialize with others...
Not to mention the possible recuiting that could come from such visibility... Just food for thought...
Respects,   Iain MacKay
"Faith, Honor, Kingdom"

-----Original Messages-----
[Wihtric]  "Your Excellency, I was discussing the same thing with a friend on
Facebook about something similar.  Nothing to say that having more venues spread
out is horrible.  Nothing like getting the SCA more out there.  I live in The
Colony and have talked with a couple of others up here about something for the
far North of Steppes, like in Frisco that could be a good for those in area
encompassing the 423/720/380/SH 121 corner of Steppes.  It would not be at the
same time as the central practice to assure no competition between areas.  Heck,
we could have districted fighter practices for Steppes proper and then have a
monthly muster at the central location.  All sorts of ideas, but being out and
about in as many places as we can while still having fun could be a boon to the
barony and region."

"I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but I'm just thinking that
f something were that important to me and I couldn't make the
ate/time/place that they have what I wanted then I'd try and get something
tarted that I could get to.
ust a thought."
lizabeta