[Steppes] ISO Alinorra

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Sun Jan 24 18:15:10 PST 2010

I am in search of Lady Alinorra whose contact information I have misplaced.

Also I am so excited and pleased to announce that we have registered for our first Gulf
Wars!!!  If anyone has useful recommendations regarding recipes for good
Gulf War dishes (period or non period) I would love to get some information,
as I am fond of cooking and will probably be participating in some of the
communal kitchen stuff at the Steppes encampment.  Any other recommendations
for newbies with two children would also be appreciated.  Our kids have
been asking to go for two years so hopefully they will have fun!

Finally, Will Meriic and I have been talking about a demo idea for All Con on Saturday
(this is the day before everyone goes to Gulf War this year).  We think this will interest
some of the teens, especially boys who may attend All-Con.
.
I made some very small leather pouches with kids at the Lewisville library with some
scrap leather that I had and the older kids in particular (teens and preteens) enjoyed
working with the leather tools.  I don't have that much scrap leather left, but we would
like to do something similar at All Con.  Of course, we may do some vinyl and
fabric pouches as well to keep down the cost of materials but the teen boys in particular
liked working with leather (don't we all!)

 If there is anyone out there who has smallish pieces of scrap
leather that you would be willing to donate to this endeavor (soft for pouches,
not the leather you would use for armor), please let me know. Even pieces small enough
to make a bag for chewing gum or mints or something could be used. Also, let me know if
you have suede (the real stuff or synthetic fabric), vinyl, or other nice"pouch material" you could
donate, even if it must be sewn.  Any extra materials left over after All Con will be used for MOC
activities unless you want it back.  I would like to keep the cost of this down and not
buy new stuff unless absolutely necessary,  but Will and I think it would be a great activity
to interest teens in particular in Ansteorra. If you have additional thoughts on this demo idea,
please let me know.

Christianna