[Steppes] Looking for an Electrician

Stephanie Smith lambdakennels1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:32:46 PST 2010

Smoke alarms are wired into the house electricity in series, so if there is
a problem with one it often effects all of them.  In addition, they are good
for about 7-10 years before the eye that "sees" the smoke wears out.  When
that happens, they do things like beep randomly.  They will eventually beep
like there is a fire as they die.  Because they are wired in series, that
means they all go off like that at once, so it is to be avoided.  It is
probable that you will have to have an electrician replace the offending
alarm, and check the other ones to see if they need to be replaced.

--
Stephanie S Smith, Ph.D.
Hunt County, Texas, USA