[Steppes] boundaries (was: a big long subject line)

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 19 12:42:21 PST 2010

The earliest I got to Glaslyn was 91 or 92.  I know it was called Dent a while before that.  Up until then it had issues with transient college population and was almost shut down a number of times.  Even in the years I was there it was mostly just a fighter practice...any business was handled there and there was not much.  It was held on Sunday's like the baronies and when politcal flare ups reared their heads, quite a few came to ours to escape them.  Lord Rolf the Red, Lord Gryffydd ap Bleddyn, Lord Robert, and a few others are who I can think of.  I think Rolf was pretty much off and on a perpetual member in the early years.  It was incipient for forever it seemed until the most recent incarnation in the late 90's came about with finally a stable population.  Changed the device in 2000 I think to what it is now from Sable, a fess wavy in between three oak leaves inverted palewise argent and a laurel wreath or.

That's about all I know...

Wihtric
(who went by Ragnarr the first time, Cyniric Cyniwarding the second time, and now, well, Wihtric)