[Steppes] heraldic thanks

uillecc uilliacc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:11:36 PDT 2010

I have a device pending from last pennsic, the blazon is clear, it's the
illustration the nice herald drew that maybe holding it up... its a bear
dormant, and when I saw the illustration, I thought it was eh..
okay--kinda "poodle-y". But I didn't think it would be too much a
problem, I think he did the best he could. On the other hand, I'm a
pretty decent illustrator, with a few years training and can do pretty
passable copies from most artistic periods...

The problem is finding a period example, bear dormant, though there's no
reason why it is not proper, just not popular...  pencil in hand, I've
taken small liberty in a period style from copies of other positions
that are extant.  Questions include the tongue sticking out-- not in
dormant-- and 16th century lions dormant do not in several examples.
It's what I have is definately "bear-y" in all other aspects.

I've got to clean it up, scale it in and get it ready now...

Thanks bunches,

uillecc