[Steppes] New C&I Books

Dana Busenbark danab-steppes at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 10:08:46 PDT 2010

I received this week in the mail my CD of the Book of St. Catherine, The Book of Hours of Catherine of Cleves, and Painted Prayers. Though the mailman decided to bend in half the painted prayers book to stick it in my mailbox slot instead of putting it in the large lockable box. I have put in a complaint with the USPS.

I have coming the Winchester Bible and King Rene's Book of Love. It is by George Braziller, 1975, Hardcover. It is 7.5 x 11 inches, 48pp with 16 stunning color plates with facing commentary. They re reproduced from the Illuminated Manuscript belonging to the Austrian National Library in Vienna. They are 15th century manuscript plates. Unterkircher's opening essay summarizes the history and biography of Rene d'Anjou (Duke of Anjou and King of Sicily) who commissioned the work. I'm excited about this one!

Fiona the Needleworker
a.k.a. Fionnbharr le Nedlere
m.k.a. Dana Busenbark

Barony of the Steppes