[Steppes] Populace 7/23

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:23:31 PDT 2010

Good morning, everyone!

This week is populace meeting and it will be at the home of Lasguaard and Lyneya and Lyneya's sister, Karen. We are pleased to welcome you to our home!

We are located in Wylie at 210 S. 3rd St. Zip is 75098 for those of you using online mapping services. The house phone is 972-429-8985. Lasguaard's cell is 214-564-0605. Lyneya's is 972-896-1505. Call if you need help finding us. There will be a shield out front with Lasguaard's red fox on it. We are on the Northwest corner of Butler and S. 3rd Streets. There is a 'wishing well' mailbox stand out front.

>From the South:

Make your best way to Hwy 78 and the Bush Turnpike. Head north on Hwy 78 approximately 6 miles. At that time, you should be close to the intersection of 78 and FM 544. Continue through that light to the next traffic light which is located at 78 and Ballard St. Turn left at Ballard and make an almost immediate left onto Butler St. Go 3 blocks and the house will be on your left at the intersection of 3rd and Butler.

>From the West:

You can take 190 to the Hwy 78 exit and use the same directions as above, or you can come out on 544. When I come home from work, I prefer to take 190 to Jupiter, make a left onto Jupiter and then a right on Plano Parkway and follow it until it joins up with 544. I take 544 to 78, make a left and then follow the directions above.

>From the North:

There is a route that you can take utilizing Parker Road which winds around and jogs and eventually becomes North Ballard Street in Wylie. If you follow it through downtown Wylie, you will come to the intersection of North Ballard and Hwy 78. Continue through the intersection for one short block, make a left on Butler and Go 3 blocks and we will be on the corner of 3rd and Butler, where the wishing well mailbox is.

I don't know of anyone coming from the east, but if you come in on Hwy 78, make a left turn at Ballard, a quick left on Butler, and go 3 blocks.

If you get lost, or your GPS puts you someplace else....ours still wants us up a block....give us a holler on the phone and we'll talk you in.

We do have the three cats, which will likely disappear for the duration. Things will be vacuumed, and mostly dusted, but cat hair never completely goes away, so make sure you take your meds if you need to.

The pool will be available for use, however, we will not be responsible for watching your children, lifeguarding, etc. The maximum depth is 4.5 feet so no diving, etc. and no running, etc on the deck as it can get slippery.

We can fire up the grill if you want to bring something to cook. We will be providing unsweet iced tea, and some chips and light snacks. Contributions of other items will be gladly accepted. BYOB, please. I will have a birthday cake to share, as Lasguaard's birthday is this week.

We look forward to seeing you all this week!

Lyneya

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich