[Steppes] Fighter Practice Kerfluffle

Paul Woolsey paul.woolsey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:35:13 PDT 2010

I've stayed out of this whole discussion, but I'm tired of the arguing,
backbiting, and petty sniping.

Our Seneschal looked at a situation, made a decision, spoke to all the
proper people, and made it happen. She stuck to her guns, and did her job
magnificently. This won't kill fighter practice. God knows we've cancelled
practice plenty in the past, and we're still here. Twelve years later (as if
the age of a practice matters, somehow.).

If you disagree with the Seneschal's decision, remember: she is the Crown's
administrative voice. If His Majesty cancelled practice, would you be
speaking of Him this way? If you disagree so vehemently that you're willing
to push into the realm of treason, you may need to find another game to
play. Do some research on delegated authority, and we'll talk.

The bottom line: this decision was made with my knowledge and consent. When
I stepped up as Knight Marshal, we (Baron, Baroness, and Seneschal) set out
to make some guidelines wherein practice would or would not happen, to
provide some stability to the situation. A potential heat index of 110+ fell
clearly within those guidelines. If she hadn't cancelled practice, I would
have.

Kinoshita Zenjirou Yoshimitsu
Knight's Marshal, Steppes