[Steppes] {HERALDRY} Help with emblazoning

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:25:35 PDT 2010

My wife feels left out of the game a bit.  We sent in our money and signed
us both up with SCA, Inc, but her blue card has no name on it, and she's a
little jealous of my heraldic device as I work on painting my shield.  So,
over dinner, we bashed out a decent starting design for her device and I'm
working on creating a test image, but I'm running up against my vector
graphic editing limits here.  I wonder if there's anyone who can help.

I'm using Inkscape to combine vector graphics I've found online; if another
tool is better suited (and free, like the GIMP, for instance), let me know.
 Also, if you want to see what I have so far, I'll send you the SVG in
e-mail.

The idea we're playing with is something like, "Argent, three greyhounds
courant in pale sable, on a bordure engrailed or fimbriated gules eight
fleurs-de-lys in orle azure."  I'm struggling with depicting the engrailed
bordure.  So, any Inkscape / vector editing help would be welcome, as would
any comments on the blazon.

Yours,

Antoine