[Steppes] {HERALDRY} Help with emblazoning

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 04:32:42 PDT 2010

I have been in the SCA for over 20 years, Steppes Hospitaler for 8 and Kingdom Hospitaler for 2, and my first advice would would be that she not be too quick to decide.  Once you decide to be this persona or that, this nationality or that, early or late period, and it shows in your heraldry, you are pretty much stuck with it.  It sounds like with the fleur-de-lys she has decided to go French or Norman.  What period is her persona representing?  Is she late period?  Is she willing to make her garb according to that time period?  What if a few months from now, she attends a Celtic, Icelandic or even Byzantine event and wishes she had waited?  Once you have chosen a name for your persona, and people start knowing you by that name, it is difficult to change.  Have her think it over in this respect and if she really wants to jump in with both feet, go for it.  There are plenty of device and name heralds who can help her out.

YIS,
HL Gabrielle Honoree de Saint Pierre

“It was a good clang, with the oiyoiyoioioioioioinnnnnggggggg that is the mark of a clang well done.” The Wee Free Men, by Terry Pratchett. (also the exact sound of a face connecting with a Paris traffic light) :D