[Steppes] SPC 'Character' Biography

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 12:19:15 PDT 2010

Hie thee to a camping event (and forego a stay at an inn if you want
to hear stories)!

Some of the best stories I have heard were around a fire at an SCA
campout. It is usually late into the evening, everyone is resting
from the events of the day,  and there is some kind of relaxing
spirits available. These are some of my fondest memories, although I
do not camp out any more, having learned the SCA is better suited for
the energies of those who are younger than I am.

Sometimes there are area meetings devoted to "deep persona" people
who can tell you how many miles it is for them to walk to church from
their village home or what last year's harvest was like, trying to
beat the heavy rains that fell that year in their district.

(I've never attended one of those, since my persona is an amnesiac
who doesn't even know her name or where she's from, having been found
by a stream by pilgrims returning from a pilgrimage and who left her
with an innkeeper. No way I can get "deep" with that one, regretfully.)

HL Lete Bithespring, Steppes, Ansteorra (until I find out where