[Steppes] Congratulations to our newest Steppes Artisan

Baron of the Steppes baron at steppes.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 13 06:45:54 PDT 2010

Thank you Saqra for your enthusiasm in posting, but the honor falls not to
you, but to Genevieve and myself to announce our choice of Artisan.
Apologies to all if 8:45 on the Monday after the event is too much of a
delay.

On this past Saturday, 14 Artisans did vie for the honor of being named
Steppes Artisan. While the number of entrants was smaller than previous
Steppes Artisan competitions, I can assure everyone that the result was an
overall higher quality of entries. The level of expertise and display
overall made this year's decision much harder. After consulting with the
judges, Baroness Genevieve and myself selected Honorable Lady Ekaterine
Iadorovna Kharlampieva (known as Katya) to be our first Artisan, based on
her incredible expertise as shown in her display in the arts of inkle
weaving, card weaving, kumihimo, lucet cord making, basketry, instrumental
music, temari balls, spinning, embroidery, and most of all a glowing
enthusiasm as she shared her knowledge. Katya has been a teacher and artisan
in our Barony for many years, and she is most deserving of our accolade.

With much joy,

Master Duncan and Mistress Genevieve
Baron and Baroness of the Steppes