[Steppes] Congratulations to our newest Steppes Artisan

Baron of the Steppes baron at steppes.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 13 19:43:55 PDT 2010

I came home from Glaslyn business meeting and practice tonight to some
emails letting me know that I came across as snarky and snide in my first
post this morning.

Part of the problem of electronic medium we use to communicate is that tone
and intent does not always come across as intended. I was musing as I read
email this morning how we have come to expect instant information. Heck, the
results of each fight of Crown tourney are being twittered to the
ethersphere. I remember waiting until people got home, unpacked, did their
laundry, and slept before I found out about the result of the previous
weekend's events. So it was intended to be a humorous commentary on the
expectation of immediacy of information in the 21st century. It was not
intentional snarkiness on my part or anger that I was not the first to
announce. I was well aware that the cat had been out of the bag since the
day before.

So for those who misunderstood my intent regarding the 8:45 Monday morning
comment and took offense I apologize.

I am not above apologizing or clarifying when I have slighted others.

Baron Duncan