[Steppes] tornado check in

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 22:00:02 PDT 2010

Lots of rain, over 6 inches, rain gauge overflowed. "Standing" water came almost to our yard & we are at top of the hill. Houses down by the drainage got wet. Had some wind in the afternoon, but other than some plants that tried to float away nothing serious happened.
I did call the non-emergency police line this morning. It turns out that if you hear something that sounds like that Scarborough Fair cannon in your neighborhood, it is probably a transformer blowing. Happened twice. I didn't call the second time.

Gabriele

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)