[Steppes] Tornado Check-in

Dana Busenbark danab-steppes at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 23:02:51 PDT 2010

I was in class, and about 15 minutes before class was over the teacher came in and said she was canceling the rest of class because a tornado was in the area and told us to go home and be safe. Ran into some folks I know including a couple of my old teachers going back to my car, we were trying to figure out what to do when the sirens went off. Apparently it touched down near Addison Airport is what we were told. But I'm safe at UTD, and my cat seems none the worse for wear.

Though I was scared to death and had to call my parents and tell them, and tell them I loved them. It was the first time in the 15 years I've been here in Texas that a tornado has been that close to me. I don't want to experience it again. Hopefully I won't.

Fiona the Needleworker
a.k.a. Fionnbharr le Nedlere
m.k.a. Dana Busenbark

Barony of the Steppes