[Steppes] Residence Poll

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 14:25:22 PST 2011

Maybe the kids don't always have to celebrate at Grandma's (the
"activity center")? Could "Grandma" (the event) kinda go on a lesser
"progress" sometimes? My decrepit horse eats too much to travel a
lot, and the oats from the East are getting even more expensive. The
troubadours say the price of a sack may double in the next two years.

A traveling "Grandma" would be a marvel. It is known that even kings
leave the castle once in a while, and there doesn't have to be a
plague for an excuse to do it.....
; - )
HL Lete

PS. As a scribe, one of my favorite sayings is:
"Progress" only earns its name when what you have is better than what
you had.
(I use that standard to judge everything from cookies to foreign rulers.
I also like the one about its only taking a little effort to turn
"bread and water" into "toast and tea."---L)

(snip)