[Steppes] Gulf War classes

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 08:15:43 PST 2011

Katya, I still have last year's Gulf Wars class schedule if you would like to
see it.  Most of the classes were 1-2 hours depending on the activity, although some
were all day or even continued from day to day (making the leather bottles is
what I am thinking of in particular).  Fees ranged from  0 to $10.  The basketry class that
Duncan and Anabella (Miranda) took was $8.  They paid one fee and made one
basket together and I think it was a 2-hour class (they didn't quite finish the project,
however).   Most fees were $5 and under. Some instructors had a "no fee" option:
for example if you didn't want a
handout and/or brought your own materials (such as a naalbinding needle),or
if you were observing only and not actually using the materials.  Many of the
classes (especially those with the higher fees) also had class limits.  I believe
the basketry was limited to 6 or 8, and the lampwork was offered multiple times
but was limited to 6 at a time.

Christianna inghean Fearghus