[Steppes] Populace in the Park Thank Yous and Children's Garb Box

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 23:14:02 PST 2011

I just wanted to thank Emma (Esther Reese) for teaching spinning
at our informal class at Populace in the Park (but really at the
dojo) today, and Duncan de Bard for making the spindles and getting
them done despite the electrical problems in the garage.  Also,
Lady Gabrielle for donating the wheels for the spindles.  If anyone
else is interested in learning or learning in more detail, my understanding
is that Emma will be teaching again at Clothier's Guild and will
still have additional spindles available for a modest donation.  These
spindles are small but have a washer on them for added weight.

Thanks also to those who brought items for the Children's Garb Box:
Lady Susannah the Herbalist and Mistress Aristaya (I believe I may not
be spelling this correctly so if I have your name wrong, please send
me a note and I will correct it),

We do have a good variety of children's garb
now, including some shoes and accessories, although most of it is for
girls.  Most of the items that we have, as you might expect, will be for
smaller children (say, under age 8 for the most part),  We did give away one
tunic and belt, and my girls tried on a few outfits tonight that I think will work
nicely in hot weather--it was like a Middle Eastern fashion show!  What fun!

 If you have additional items to donate to the garb box or would
like to browse it, please let me know and we can make sure that we have the
box at the next Steppes event,  Items are free and you can borrow them and
swap out for something else later or just keep an item, even if you don't have
anything else to put in.  If you are from Elfsea or somewhere else, we also might
be able to accomodate your children's garb needs, and we would be happy to
take your donations.  The main idea is just to recycle old garb that kids can
 wear but otherwise is just sitting around in someone's house taking up space.

If there is anyone out there who would be interested in making or donating
some teen garb or general tabards or tunics for teens, or who has fabric to donate for
this purpose, please get in touch with me off list, since we are a bit
deficient in the larger sizes and garb for older teens, especially boys.