[Steppes] Upcoming Officer Vacancies

Seneschal of the Steppes seneschal at steppes.ansteorra.org
Thu Jun 7 09:06:16 PDT 2012

Greetings, Populace of the Steppes!
I wanted to plant a seed of encouragement in everyone's minds about
volunteering for officer positions... several offices will need
replacements in the next few months. With this, comes several opportunities
to make new friends, enhance your 'play' in our game, support your Barony
and (most importantly) to have FUN! Yes, you heard me; F_U_N. And if the
Seneschal can say she enjoys her job, you have no reason to sit on the
sidelines. ;)

Here are the positions that will need replacements, soon:
Quartermaster (handles organizing our storage locker and Load-In, Load-Out
for events)
Youth Marshal (as with all Marshals, handles waivers for non-members,
maintains loaner equipment, and holds authorization to Marshal the
participants)
Rapier Marshal (same as above, with a focus on the Rapier participants)
ExChequer (as the group's treasurer, this officer keeps financial records,
submits event reports and acts as a part of the Financial Committee)
Seneschal (this is the most awesome job ever... you keep the populace
informed, make sure that waivers have been submitted to the Waiver
Secretary and make sure that the group follows Corpora Law, Ansteorran Law
and mundane laws and acts as part of the Financial Committee with Their
Excellencies and the ExChequer; seriously, it is awesome)

All of these offices come with the expectation that you will attend monthly
business meetings and file reports, as directed by your up-line contact.
(In most cases, that is a Central Regional Officer.) You must be a paid
member of the SCA and maintain that membership during the term. Warrants
are typically written for a 24-month term but you are able to step down
early, if needed.

So, what are you waiting for? Think you've already put in your time as a
volunteer in the past? Share your experience by taking an office! Think
that you don't know enough about our group to be a leader? Let us train
you! Come see what it's like to have the satisfaction of being part of
something great. You won't be disappointed!

YIS,
Lady Katerina Ine Curry
Seneschal of the Steppes