[Steppes] Forming a Music Group

Rick Massey seafox at gypsyheir.com
Sat Mar 24 11:46:42 PDT 2012

Greetings, fellow denizens of the Barony of the Steppes.
It is my wish to once again create a performance focused music group for the
Barony and other local performance opportunities. To this end I am seeking
other musicians with period instruments or those closely related to period
instruments and at least some skill at playing them forwith, so that  we can
establish a performing ensemble. For the facilitation of this purpose I
would like to locate at least two more percussionists (not drummers) and a
goodly measure of other period instrument players to establish this group -
Recorders, viols, brass, lutenists/mandolinists/guitarists, and even
keyboardists are welcome to join in, along with those who have skills on
drums and other percussion instruments.
The ensemble will cover a wide array of music ranging from music for dance,
songs both accompanied by instruments and performed A Cappela de Sistina,
and other incidental works including processionals, marches, fanfares,
Incidental music for theatre productions, and the like.
I have rehearsal space in the Eastern Steppes area, music to perform, and
the time to devote to such a project. I'm figuring on a single night a week
rehearsal for normal times, with the possibility of another when major
performances are impending.
Members of this ensemble would be expected to have their own instrument or
instruments, some time to practice the music, and availability for any
performances that might arise. Like any period musician they will also
possibly be asked to sing from time to time, though no prejudice will be
given for vocal quality, the joy of the song being more paramount than the
execution of it. I also don't require only accomplished musicians, as those
with lesser skills are also welcome, and I will make sure to find something
for those who join to play, composition and theory being one of my areas of
musical focus.
Should this spark your interest, please contact me forthwith so we can start
working out day and time for the rehearsals.
For those not interested, I hope you be well and that in the future we will
bring some enjoyment to an event for you with this endeavor.

In Service,

Herr Marcus Il Volpé
Former Captain of the Laughing Fox
(Yes, *that* Marcus)