[Steppes] Fwd: Showcase Opportunity for TBWA members

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Mon Sep 10 05:17:19 PDT 2012

I know several artists that would quailify for this nomination.

The Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2013 and 2014 positions of Texas State Musician, State Poet Laureate, and State Visual Artists 2-D & 3-D.  We invite you to nominate some great Texas artists for this process.

We also hope you can help us get the word out about this opportunity. Please let the many talented artists in your circles know about this opportunity.

There is no money associated with the title, but it does secure your place in Texas history and provides a great marketing tool.

Self-nominations are encouraged.
There is no fee to apply.
The deadline is October 15, 2012.
This opportunity only comes up every other year.

Complete details and the nomination form are available online at:
<http://www.arts.texas.gov/nominate>

Visit www.texasbasketweavers.com