[Steppes] A&S This Week - Art of War & Art of Feasts

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 17:27:43 PDT 2013

Tuesday July 30, 2013     7:00pm until 9:00pm	 2713 Pasadena Place, Flower Mound 75022

Usually on the fourth Tuesday of the month we will be having meetings in Flower Mound at the home of Lord Duncan de Bard & Lady Christanna. Come have fun, learn something, teach something, ask questions, give answers.This meeting, we have scheduled a class on the “Art of War”, not just for fighters, but also for those that support them. If there is time we may also have a class making a game board for & playing a simple & fun German gambling game. Anyone that is interested in teaching something is welcome. Just let me know.
Additional class days, usually Saturdays, may be added as classes come up.---------------------------------------------	Saturday, August 3, 2013     10:00am
10109 Rita Road, Dallas, TX 75243
For those interested in learning how to be a Feast Steward, and for those interested in learning how to be a Hall Steward (every feast should have one of each), Sir Domingo, OL, and Baroness Sancha Galindo, will be teaching a class on these skills.The class will be 3 August 2013, a Saturday. We will kick off starting at 10:00 AM, with a meet and greet featuring hamburgers and a hot grill. Please bring something for the grill, or a side dish. Class will commence after lunch.Class synopsisThis is a class about the logistics of feast stewarding and feast serving. It covers three parts: Prep work, and the day of cooking and serving. (Serving is the purview of the Hall steward. When the food leaves the kitchen, it leaves the authority of the Feast Steward, and becomes the responsibility the Hall Steward. They handle plating and coordinating servers.)The prep work portion of the class includes how to do and organize site research, general menu stacking and purchasing/pre-cooking food and sundries.The day of portion of the class covers all items to be performed during the day of the feast, from kitchen set up to kitchen cleanup.While we will briefly go over recipes this is not a class on culinary research though we can go over that in a further class if the interest is there.

Gabriele
Steppes MoAS
The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are allowed to remain children all our lives. (Albert Einstein)