[Steppes] Suzanna's superlative salve

suzanna herbalist suzannaherbalist at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 13 19:18:39 PDT 2013

By request, since Lady Christiana and Lord Duncan have graciously opened
their house in Flower Mound for A&S activities, we will be making some of
Suzanna's Superlative Salve.  Some of you may have tried this potion
before - here is your chance to find out how it is made.  Salve is good for
bruises, burns, sprains, strains, carpal tunnel, bursitis, cuts, scrapes,
rashes, diaper rash, etc. etc...  We will also talk about the various
components, and I will have some handouts (recipies, etc) for those
interested.

Making salve is a 2 part process.  First step is mixing the herbs, oils,
etc, which we will do on June 22, a Saturday (NOTE TIME CHANGE to 4pm).
Mixture needs to set for a couple of weeks or so, so part 2 will be making
the salve, which will be Saturday, July 27, the Saturday AFTER Steppes
Artisan.  I am requesting a materials fee of $5 if possible, to cover the
costs of some of the oils and other ingredients.

The mixture from part 1 can be made into a massage oil, if you can't make it
to part 2.  If you will only be at part 1, you might bring a jar (about 2
ounces or so) to take some of the mixture home.  If you are making it to
part 2, please bring a small jar, about 1 or 1 1/2 ounce or so, wide mouth,
to put salve in.  Sample size small jelly jars, like from gift baskets work
well, film canisters also work well.  Just make sure it has a wide mouth.

Questions?  Let me know...
Somebody please post to Elfsea?
Suzanna
HL Suzanna, herbalist, WD