[Steppes] Steppes Warlord XL Thanks!

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 30 20:31:28 PDT 2013

To the Populace of the Barony of the Steppes and her Cantons Glaslyn and
Kynges Creke

The Event Stewards of Steppes Warlord XL wanted to thank all of the many, many
people who helped make this year’s Warlord a great success!

Thank you to the people who came to Load out and Load In. We saw people from the
entire area, people of all ranks from Pelicans to Newbies. This is sometimes
difficult to staff since it is both on a work night and also after the event
when everyone is tired. Thanks to all of you who participated.  We are sorry we
don’t have an exact list of names, but please know we cannot get the gear to
site without you.

Thanks to Lady Elec who ran our gate this year and all the people who worked a
gate shift. Warlord is a hard gate to run since we have it open for three days –
so everyone who worked a shift is much appreciated.

Thanks to Lady Colleen from Glaslyn who ran and organized Security for us this
year.  Colleen and her minions kept us safe and secure.

Thanks to Lord Godwin, Cat, and Marta who helped with Hall decorations – among
many other things. Also thanks to the Rapier community who helped us tear down
the hall – this was a huge help to us.

Thanks to Lord Domingo who made wonderful Noble’s Lunch.

Thanks to Lady Gera from Kynges Creke who organized the people of the Canton for
Waterbearing all weekend.

Thanks to Lady Katharine our Archery Marshal and all the Archery folks who, as
always, handled their part of the event with efficiency and grace, including
their setup and tear down.

Thanks to Lord Lochlan who ran our Thrown Weapons tourney and events all
weekend.

Thanks to Lady Alessandra for taking care of the Minister of Children duties.

Thanks to Lady Alex for running the youth fighting activities.

Thanks to our Marshals who ran the Chivalric and Rapier tourneys: HL Sven and
Lady Layla (respectively)

Thanks to the Squires who hosted the Novice Tourney.

Thanks to Lady Behiye who ran the Hafla and Middle Eastern Dance competition.

Thanks to our Heavy and Light List Mistresses: Mistress Michelle, HL Adelaide,
Lady Sarah, Countess Elizabeth, Lady Kat and Duchess Valeria.

We also want to thank HL Toryn for the help and support she gave to the
Autocrats over the long weekend. We really appreciate it!

We want to thank the people, especially Lady Layla for helping us get the site
back into shape after the storm – you guys were amazing.

Thanks to all the people who helped with Entourage – we appreciate that service
very much since we love our Baron and Baroness.

Thanks to our Seneschal Master Richard, and to Master Duncan and Mistress
Genevieve, our wonderful Baron and Baroness for trusting us and allowing us to
serve our beloved Barony as Warlord Stewards.

Please forgive us if we forgot someone or made mistakes on spellings or titles!

In service,
Mistress Honour du Bois, Lady Katerina Ine Curry, and Lady Susanna Nightegale
Co-stewards of Steppes Warlord XL