[Steppes] Twelfth Night

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Mon Jan 6 17:40:32 PST 2014

To the Barony of The Steppes, the canton of Glaslyn, and the incipient canton of Kyngescreek do I, Ekaterina known as Katya, your newly appointed Baroness, send warm greetings.

As I mentioned on Sun, you are an awesome, strong group. You put your minds to something and amazing things happen. Twelfth Night was a fantastic event. Thank you to L Toryn and HLy Genevieve for all of their hard work. Thank you to their staff; everything ran so smoothly. Thank you Honour for being available to help guide and mentor. Much appreciation to Their Graces Hrafn and Elizabeta for games and photo props. Vivat to HE Katherine and L Mary for coordinating dancing. Huge thanks to the set up and tear down teams. Big hugs and thanks to Master Robin for stunt heralding.

Several awards were given out at the event.
Duncan and Genevieve were made Baron and Baroness of the court.
Rising stars were given to Anabell and Isabella.
Sable cranes were bestowed upon Sarah Fynn, Peter Rhys, Toryn Seven Stitches, and Katerina.
Bjorn, who was the victim of duelling heralds, was made a Lord.
Our own Katherine Cunningham was granted Companionship to the Order of Iris.
Ker Megan, known as Pyro, was made a Baroness of the court.
A moment of silence was respectfully offered in memory of Lady Osanna de Burgh.

If I missed anyone, please accept my apologies. My notes are still scattered in several boxes and haven't been recovered yet.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be working with you all. I truly am the most fortunate Baroness in all of Ansteorra.

I remain,
Ekaterina
Baroness of The Steppes
Lady Glaslyn and Kyngescreek