[Steppes] Greetings from the office on the Minister of Arts and Sciences!

Anne House via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Mar 27 09:25:54 PDT 2017

My name is Lady Kiriena Pevtsova (MKA Anne House) and I will be stepping
into the role of Minister of Arts and Sciences as of April 1 (which is this
Saturday)! I am so thankful to Lady Johanna Jakobsdottir for all of her
hard work in the last two years of her service to this Barony! What a large
set of shoes to step into!

A little about me: I started out my my life in this dream many years ago,
around the time that Eldern Hills became a barony. Life happened so I only
played sporadically for a long while. I came back to full time - or full
blown as the case may be - play while we lived in another kingdom. The home
office for my mundane job is here in the Dallas area and circumstances
dictated that we move back. That was about a year and a half ago. Took a
bit of a break, and so here I am!

Music is my "thing"! I love to sing, and I love medieval and renaissance
music!

My philosophy is this: There is nothing that we do in the SCA that doesn't
fall under the umbrella of an Art and/or a Science. I've watched armorers
take pieces of sheet metal and craft them into beautiful works of art. I've
seen the graceful dance that is an MOD on the field. I've seen way an
effective event steward takes the jumble of information and people and
turns it into a successful event. I've seen written word and note flow into
a bardic competition on the wings of the Spanish guitar. All of these
things and more constitute Arts & Sciences, in my humble opinion.

It takes all of us though. To that end I would like to ask this: if you
know someone who no longer plays or plays peripherally (as I did for so
many years) reach out to them. Let them know that they are welcome back and
we would be overjoyed to see them. As I look back on my life, I wished I
had stayed involved. So many good things would have come from it for my
kids, my husband and myself. And as I got older, I had friends who did this
very thing for me.

If you know someone who has shown an interest in all things medieval,
invite them to an event - maybe Populace in the Park at the end of April!

Lady Kiriena Pevtsova
(MKA Anne House)
Pending Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of the Steppes

--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."

—T. S. Eliot