[Steppes] From the Office of MoAS - Populace in the Park

Anne House via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Mar 31 11:46:13 PDT 2017

Geetings from the office of the Minister of Arts and Sciences for the
Barony of the Steppes!

Populace in the Park will be on us before we know it and there are a couple
of MoAS-led items there:

1. The Barony will be holding an A&S competition in the form of a Dirty
Dozen Largesse Derby. For those of you who don't know:

   -

   All entrants must create 12 items that are suitable for largesse

   *EXAMPLES:*
   -

      12 needle books
      -

      12 hats from different (or the same) period(s)
      -

      12 items suitable for a specific time period
      -

      12 children’s toys
      -

      12 pairs of socks
      -

   All entries must be tagged with the maker’s name, and ready to be gifted
   the day of the competition.
   -

   Items need not be documentable
   -

   Items should not have heraldry on them as they are meant to be given to
   other areas. If it must have heraldry, consider baronial populace badges.
   -

   Judging is done by the populace.
   -

      Each entrant display will have a cup placed next to it and anyone may
      put a provided token into the accompanying cup to denote their choice.
      -

   The entrant with the most tokens in their cup at the end of the day
   chooses one item from any one of the other entries as a prize.
   -

      Each entrant then chooses from the remaining entries according to how
      many tokens they received (largest to smallest number).
      -

      Each entry may only be chosen once as a prize.
      -

   The remaining 11 items from each entry will be given to Their
   Excellencies, at the end of the day for use as largess during Their Reign.

I do want to note that Their Excellencies give largesse to lords and
ladies, adult and child. Just now, they have a dearth of largesse for lords
and children (when last I viewed the largesse bucket). Should you need
ideas, there is a Largesse group on Facebook that has a files section, and
of course our favorite website Pinterest has quite a few. The item need not
be hand made, but should of course be period
 2. Let there be Bardic! The folks from the Oakwood Consort - Master
Llywelyn
specifically - should be available to play along with us. I prefer the
Pick, Pass or Play format for a bardic circle so that's how we will begin.
Hopefully, after court! Certainly before everyone leaves!

Thank you for your time
Lady Kiriena Pevtsova
(MKA Anne House)
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of the Steppes
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."

—T. S. Eliot