[Steppes] Heraldic activities this week

Oakenwald Pursuivant herald at steppes.ansteorra.org
Mon Feb 4 19:14:47 PST 2019

Greetings to the populace of Steppes, Glaslyn, and associated lands.

If you are interested in heraldry, then you are in luck. This is your week.

On Wednesday February 6th I will be teaching a class on heraldry and
persona at the Steppes Newcomers Academy. It will be an intro to names and
devices in the SCA, focused on guiding people toward the name and device
they want to claim as their own. The class will be at the Fuddruckers at
Frankford and North Dallas Tollway at 7pm.

The very next day, on Thursday February 7th, I will be hosting the first
(of many) monthly heraldic hangout. This month, HL Ivo is teaching (via
live video) a class on Lyst Heraldry. After that, we will spend the
remaining time deciding as a group what things we want to do at future
heraldic hangouts. Future hangouts will focus on things like classes, work
days, training, research, and submission assistance. This will take place
at my home, Clawhaven Manor, 17919 Meadowchase Way, Dallas TX 75287 at 7pm.
(If the name didn't give it away, we have many cats and a dog. Come
prepared if you have an allergy. Also, we've been doing repairs on our
home, and there is more than usual dust and mess, so again come aware).

Please contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing folks
there.

Regards,

Duncan

*Duncan Hepburn*